Ten of Our Favorite Things to Do on Folly Beach
Folly Beach holds a special place in our family's heart. So in honor of Valentine's Day, we thought we would share our 10 most favorite things to do on Folly.
- The Beach: Duh! Folly has six miles of public beach.
- A visit to Bert’s: This friendly, local market is open 24 hours and you’ll find everything here, from free coffee and organic produce to fishing tackle. If you don’t need it, you probably won’t find it. But you should visit Bert’s just to get a local flavor of Folly.
- Paddle boarding: Take a lesson and tour, which includes heading down the Folly River. Dolphin sightings not guaranteed – but highly likely. And anyone with a little balance can do it!
- Crabbing: Depends on the season, but it’s cheap enough to purchase a crab net and a few chicken necks and drop it into the water. Kids love this.
- Breakfast at the Lost Dog: No guests of ours should miss going to this Folly breakfast institution at least once during their stay. It’s an easy walk!
- Watch the sun set: If it’s nice weather, you’re guaranteed a beautiful sunset from the dock at Water’s Edge. Folly is called the Edge of America for a reason.
- Take a stroll on the Folly pier: People watching on the pier is entertaining.
- Visit a food truck: Eating a chocolate/whipped cream/banana crepe at Tokyo Crepes.
- Biking: We provide several beach bikes, so explore! You can’t get lost and Folly is flat!
- Shark tooth hunting: Hunting for shark teeth on the beach. Beach replenishment has tossed up fossilized shark teeth on the beach. Maybe you'll find a Megalodon tooth!
- 1 user likes this
Best Places to Get Coffee on Folly Beach
Our townhome is at Waters Edge, a charming development of colorful Charleston-style homes on Folly Beach. We are located in a quiet, tucked-away area on the river, and an easy walk to the beach and all the fun restaurants and shops.
- 1 user likes this